This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Turtles, and Birds and Berries Oh My!!!

This is such a fitting title for our week.  We have had an adventure it seems like everyday!!! It started on Monday when I picked up some fresh strawberries at the stand in Aiken.  They come from North Augusta and are so good.  

My friend Lisa about 7 or 8 years ago refreshed my memory to freezer jam.  My kids love it and we try to make some every year.  So, on Tuesday part of our school day was spent doing that.  

Also on Monday, Jamie was trimming some bushes around the house and found this:

Look really closely and you can see the yellow beak of a baby bird.  He found a nest.  

Thursday
 
The kids were playing outside and I heard Chase(our dog) barking like crazy.  Kaylee comes running in with this:

I told her be careful because it might be a snapping turtle.  Ya'll, she screamed and I told her to not drop it.  We put it in a box and eventually took it to the pond by the part and let it go.  


It has been an eventful week!    I will close with this:

Jarrett sitting on the toilet at Jamie's softball game tonight.  Pulls the the toliet lid where it touches his back and says, "Look Mommy, I'm a turtle!"  Hysterical right!!!  I hope you have a great weekend.  Stay turned for the net fun filled episode! 

No comments: