This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Better to Give...

I am so proud of my kids. Monday when I came home from taking HB to dance, Kaylee was outside in the dark with the rake. Before you call DSS, Jamie was out in the new building where this week they are putting in the electrical work. She proceeded to tell me that she and her brother were raking up the church yard. I told her, "You know you aren't going to get anything for doing that right?" To that she replied,"I know." (Keep in mind that most of the time this is the child who is always looking out for herself first.) She then said, "Big people do things for the church why can't us kids." To that I replied, "Well carry on then." They finished gathering all the leaves on Tuesday so I had to snap some photos.
We have so much to learn from our children. How many times have I only done something because of what it was going to get me in return. We have been trying so hard to work on the selfish attitude with Kaylee, and maybe just maybe we have had a turning point. Will she always do it, no, but it is a gigantic step in the right direction. We could all learn a lesson from the leaves this fall. Do you know someone who needs their yard raked? Why not as a family get out there and rake their yard. What an example of serving others. I promise it will speak volumes!!!!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Amanda that is so awesome! I can't wait to be blessed with children so that I can see the way God works in & through them =)

David Richardson said...

You really do make a wonderful point here, Amanda. I enjoyed this post. :) David