This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lessons Learned

God showed me something profound in my quiet time this morning. I try to read a Proverb a day and I felt like I should read something else as well and God led me to the book of Philemon. God showed me a little truth in verses 4 and 5.
Listen to this, "I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints."

That phrase,"I hear about your faith" struck me this morning. Can others say that about me, that they hear about my faith? As I have now launched into Facebook and am making contact with people from high school and college can they say that they have heard about my faith. Am I making every effort to use my blog and Facebook to encourage and share my faith with those who choose to read it?

We as Christians are called to bring Jesus wherever we go even onto our blogs, Facebook, My Space, Youtube or wherever we go in cyberspace and the real world. Can you honestly say today that people hear about your faith? For me it is sometimes but I want my answer to be honestly be yes!! Will you take Him WHEREVER you go? Let's hold each other accountable.

This is my prayer today. "I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brothers(and sisters), have refreshed the heart of THIS SAINT." (Philemon 6-7 emphasis mine)

No comments: