This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just Checking In

I know all 2 of my faithful blog readers have been wondering where I have been. Well, just busy I guess. I am ready for the short week next week and of course all the shopping!!! Over the weekend I did get a bladder infection Yeah!!! For any of you who have had one, you know the agony and needless to say, I did not feel much like doing anything, but I persevered and ended up at the "Doc in the Box" after church on Sun. Thank the Lord I am on the way to recovery. Just a side note, if you have a Publix in your area, the offer FREE generic prescriptions on certain antibiotics. MY doctor graciously prescribed me one of them!!!

Anyway, Friday Jamie and I were supposed to go to the high school playoff game, but it got rained out so we went on a semi-date night. I say semi because we went computer shopping for Jamie a new laptop. I would post a great pic of the new equipment, but our camera died. The battery compartment cover crumbled. It is 5 years old and we cannot complain, but I do not know what I am going to do without a camera! You can click here to see Jamie's post on it.

Just to close, I am participating in the Siesta Ornament exchange(if you want to know what that is click the banner on the sidebar.) I have been hooked up with a great gal from California. She is a great gal, and I have enjoyed getting to know her via email and blog. She sent me an e-card today that had the verse "Be still and know that I am God." That hit me like a ton of bricks. Especially when you wake up to discover red crayon all over the clothes in the dryer, a few days ago your camera breaks and oh yeah, Christmas is coming and how are we going to get gifts? I could go on and on, but God spoke in His still small voice to me saying, it's okay, I will take care of it!! I am so glad that God gives us those little reminders that He is God and as I heard on the radio the other day, that, "God has the ultimate bailout package. All the resources are His." Thanks for checking in, I will try to do better updating this week! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome Amanda! I'm so happy that the e-card was perfect (God's) timing for you!! I love that =) Rest assured I haven't had a chance to update my blog either. But I am still alive =) Just swimming in work! Thankfully we have a Lord whose arms we can rest in!!

Love in Christ!
Lisa

Michelle V said...

Amanda,

I know how ya feel! I'm praying for you all!

Blessings
Michelle

Jess said...

Thanks for the reminder that God does provide. We just need to be still and listen.