This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Friday, October 10, 2008

God Stop Friday

Thank goodness it's Friday!!!!! Thanks to Patty for hosting this as we reflect on our week!

I think God has shown me this week the need for us Christians to support our local Cristian radio stations. Our local station WAFJ is really growing and reaching people here in the CSRA. I went there yesterday to make an announcement for our church(I am the designated announcement person, I don't know why, I hate how I sound recorded, but everyone says I sound good.) Anyway, we are having our Fall Festival in a few weeks and they will record your announcement for free. While I was there I was talking with David the guy who records all the announcements and was just asking him how the station was doing financially. He said that they are getting ready to have a fund raising event for the next year and that they have already met 100% of their budget for this year.

Jamie and I started last year giving to the station and I have been blessed by it. After yesterday, God is giving me a burden for this ministry. Because of this station my 4 year old goes to sleep listening to God's Word. When we drive around town and go places we hear God's word. Without WAFJ it would be really hard to find uplifting music in this area. David also reminded me that they reach people who do not have a church family and they find the comfort of the Savior through the station. I have even heard testimonies of people who are just flipping through the radio channels and they get saved because they hear the story of Christ through song.

My God stop is this, if you have Christian radio station in your area, are you supporting them financially? If not, why? This is a great opportunity to build the kingdom. It doesn't take much money. Whatever you can give they are more than willing to accept it. If your station has a fund raiser soon, consider giving. You never know how that little bit of money can help reach people who may never darken the door of a church, but they can hear about the great love of our Savior through song.

Consider giving to your local station, or if you do not have one , consider giving to WAFJ. I put a link to the station on the side if you want to listen to them online click here.
Have a great weekend!

No comments: