This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend in Review

I hope you all had a great weekend! It was kind of a relaxing one around here. Friday night Jamie took Chara to the high school football game. They each have had a turn and this was here turn. She had a good time. Saturday, Jamie played in a golf tournament to benefit the building fund. After breakfast, I decided to take get the kids out and we went a did a little shopping. We picked up a few mums to plant in my planters on the front porch, went looking for a pattern to make Chara's costume for the Fall Festival which I didn't get because it cost $16!!!! When did patterns get so expensive??? It is almost cheaper to buy your clothes and costumes and such than it is to make them. While HB is at ballet, I am going to look for the costume and if I can't find one reasonable, I will be forced to make it. She wants to be Dorothy, and already has the shoes, we just need the dress. Hobby Lobby does have their patterns on sale for $1.99 this week so that will help!

WE had a good day at church yesterday! Not very many people there, but I think God was moving. Last night was a sweet time! Jamie was preaching on what makes a great church. We sang songs like "The Family of God and Bind us Together" We spent some time just walking around and hugging necks. It was great! We need to spend time as the body loving on one another like that.

Today begins the biggest thing in our church since we have been here. They are even as I speak getting the equipment in place to begin putting our building up! As the week goes along, I will post pictures, but needless to say, my man cannot stand himself. This is one of the benefits to being the pastor's wife, I get to see him with ALL his emotions. Ya'll he is beside himself!!! You know how it feel when you finally get to see your vision coming together; it is sure bliss with God. Keep that in your prayers this week, and I will keep you updated! Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Heather Mays said...

Amanda -- What size Dorothy do you need? I just opened up a box of hand-me-downs and there was one in there! My daughter has her heart set on Alice in Wonderland so we won't need it. Hope you are doing well!

By the way, I set my uterus on fire and it went GREAT...I know you were hoping you would hear how that turned out... :)

Heather in Birmingham (from LPL)