This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Friday, July 18, 2008

God Stop Friday

My Siesta Patty hosts
This week God has showed me a lot about being thankful for where I am in my life. In the NOG's study, We talked about Leah and Rachel. All Leah wanted for Jacob's love. She thought that if he just loved her liked he loved her sister, then her life would have been complete. Not so! We need to be happy right where God has us. Jacob must have like Leah a little bit because they had children together. If she had just thanked God for the opportunity to be Jacob's wife, her attitude would have been different.

How many times do we in our life wish if I could just have______, (whatever that thing is that we want right now) then my life would be complete. If we are not content and thankful where our life is right now, how do we think we will be thankful and content when we have_______.

God, may I be thankful for the place You have me right now, and for the things I have right now. Because You and You alone know what I need and what my so much more should be. You guys have a great weekend!

No comments: