This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Friday, September 19, 2008

Gashes and Stitches

Well yesterday was an adventure to say the least. The kids and I were in the kitchen doing schoolwork when I heard Jarrett crying, I mean screaming in the back. I ran back there and scooped him up only to find blood coming down the side of his face. I took him in the bathroom and saw a pretty big gash. I called Jamie and the his pediatrician. They told me to bring him right in.
Have you ever been in a hurry with an emergency like that and go out of the door not caring what you look like? That was me. (when I got to the doc office and went to the restroom, I looked in the mirror and saw someone with ratty clothes and no makeup. At least I had brushed my teeth.(it was about 11:00)) Back to the story, I jumped in the car and headed t the docs which is about 20 minutes away. I got behind every slow person. I went the back way so that I could drive a little faster, because I had heard somewhere that is you don't get gashes stitched up within a certain amount of time, they couldn't stitch them up. I was going to pass this UPS truck and it went in the middle of the road so I couldn't pass. How rude I thought, so I turned on my flashers. Jamie told me later that night that it wasn't that much of an emergency, but you know us Mom's!

The doc examined him and said that he would need 2 stitches. He ended up using the big stitches and it took 3. Y'all he had gashed it open to the skull! Sorry for those of you who have weak stomachs. He is fine and doing better, but last night I wasn't too sure. He was very dazed and tired. God protected him, because he could have easily cracked his skull. This is my little man's injury.

The doc told me to keep neosporen and a band aid on it, but of course we had no little ones and this is the best I could do.
Stay tuned to the next exciting adventure in"A Day in the Life......
(this is Jarrett making his silly eyes!)


1 comment:

Shannon said...

How scary! I'm glad to hear he is ok. I know I'm in for it with Ryland, he knows no fear! Yikes!