This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Monday, September 29, 2008

God at Kroger

Well today I did my usual trip to Kroger after Hannah Beth's ballet class(this is her first year taking and she LOVES it!) With all this talk today about how bad the economy is, I just wanted to give a little testimony of God's faithfulness at Kroger today.

This week Kroger is having a decent sale on the items we use. I was able to get everything on my list, and also stock up on a few things that we use regularly. I was looking at the meat and said, "Man meat is so expensive." As if EVERYTHING is not expensive right now. I no sooner had gotten those words off my lips when I spotted 2 packages of marked down ground beef. You know the kind that expires in a day or so and is perfectly fine if you are going to freeze it or cook it that day or the next. They were marked down about half of the other. Y'all, I wanted to lift my hands and shout right there, but I refrained and just said thank you God! Thank you God. What a great opportunity to share with your kids about the faithfulness of God. I went down a little farther and some deli meat that was on sale last week and I failed to get any was on sale this week too.

God just continues to remind me that He cares about the smallest details of our life. Since I have been struggling with that over the last few weeks, it was great to see that in action. You just never know where God is going to show up! Keep your eyes pealed, because God WILL be at Kroger, and Target and Wal-mart and the mall and...

2 comments:

GammySel said...

What a blessing and thank you so much for sharing as a reminder that He does care for us even in what we would deem the smallest of tasks!

Angie

Gwendolyn said...

Thank you for reminding me! He does always take care of us, doesn't He?