This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Friday, September 26, 2008

God Stop Just in Time

Well I made it! There are still 1 hour and 15 minutes left on this Friday. It has been a long day. Form the time my feet hit the ground I have been going all day. Schooling, Doctor Appointment and doing clothes in between. Amidst the mounds and piles of clothes I am stopping to think back over this week and what God is showing me.
Thanks Patty for being faithful in the And reminding us to take time and think about what God is showing us each week.
I am not going to lie and say this was a fun week. It seems like over the past week and a half really, things are happening one right after the other. First it was the car(the new to us car that we have only made 2 payments on), then Jarrett needing stitches, then I tore my only pair of contacts and haven't been to the eye doctor since we have been here(3 and a half years)so I can't order more. Several other things have happened too, but this was just a bad month financially for us. God is showing me that 1 there are a lot of people worse off than me. 2 Strangely I have had a peace during this whole thing. 3. I am Believing God to take care of these needs. I know he will in His own time, but I think God is teaching me to walk with Him even though I can't see where I am gong.
Wed. night I led the youth in a similar trust game. They all wore blindfolds and I led them around the church grounds. They had to totally trust me. Even though they couldn't see where they were going they all relied on me to lead them because I could see where we were going. God is teaching me the same thing. God is saying, "Amanda even though you don't have a clue where I am leading you, come go with me. IF you do, I will give you the ride of a lifetime but you HAVE to totally trust me." That is powerful. Only God could lead you to do that activity with the youth the very week that I was struggling with all these things going on in my life. Thank you God for reminding me this week that I need to trust you in every area of my life even in the smallest things like your contacts.
Trust Him with everything because He is who He says He is!

2 comments:

Fran said...

Hey Amanda...
I know what you're saying about having a hard week. Ditto. I'm praying for both of us to increase our trust and belief with Him. He'll come through. He just does.

Much love to you!
Fran

Patty said...

I know God has a plan for you through this difficult week and season in your life. Financial difficulty is a hard thing to NOT worry about. One thing I can't get out of my head this week is that we can either worry OR be a Warrior. A prayer warrior as we boldly approach His throne and receive all that he wants to give us. I am believing God to meet your needs in a way you would never expect!
Thank you so much for sharing with us this week!
Love You,
Patty