This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Monday, September 1, 2008

Day 8

This is my last installment in the Living Proof Live San Antonio series. I am a little sad, because I have enjoyed reliving the conference through each one of these points. I know that I can revisit them anytime though. Here it is, the final long awaited(not really) last statement #8:
8. I am an heir of God, I have a beautiful inheritance.
"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach the good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God to comfort all who morn and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of morning and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor." Isaiah 61:1-3

"Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion and instead of disgrace, they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land and everlasting joy will be theirs." Isaiah 61:7

Our beautiful inheritance is our double portion that we receive from the Lord. Until we receive that portion, it is our job to fight and do the best we can in this life. One day, all this stuff we have had to deal with in this life will be over and we will get to spend eternity enjoying the double portion awaiting. Until then my friends, " Let us fight the good fight, let us finish the race and "Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge will award to me on that day--and not only me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." To this we say, "Come quickly Lord!"
Have a great week!

1 comment:

GammySel said...

Amanda-
Thank you for sharing your notes! It was a blessings to all of us who were not able to go.


Angie