This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day 7

Statement # 7 really hit home to me because it is something I have struggled with all my life. It is:
7. I am an heir of God, I can be secure.
Col.3:23-24 says, "Whatever you do work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, NOT FOR MEN(emphasis mine.) Since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord you are serving."
I think I could just leave that and you all would know what I men. We, especially those in ministry and particularly women struggle with with constantly. We want to make everyone around happy and we don't want anyone to get mad at us or upset. We have to remember as Beth says, "We work for the Lord and He and He alone will compensate us." A lot of times we seek work because we crave the attention and affection it brings. I had that very thing happen to me this week. A person called and was wondering if I would be willing to lead the music for a fairly large gathering of people. Boy, my head started to swell just a bit at the thought of them wanting me. After talking with my husband, he reminded me of how stressful my week had been and told me that I probably didn't need to do it. He was right! Really, the only reason I would want to do it was for myself. It wasn't that God was leading me to do it my ego wanted to do it. I called and politely declined, but I tell you this to remind us all that doing things solely so that we will get noticed and pats on the back is simply not a God honoring motive.
When God calls you to do something a lot of the times we will not think we can do the job. He wants His glory to shine and not our own so more times than not, He will give us jobs we are not qualified for. Beth made this statement and it wraps everything together." God wants us to be the miracle not our work to be the miracle." Whatever you have been asked to do, first make sure your motivations are right and then do your job to the best of your ability. The areas where you don't feel adequate are the areas where God is going to do something grand in you! Have a blessed Lord's day! Look in the mirror and say, " I am and heiress/heir of Christ and I am a miracle!!!" Love you all!

No comments: