This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Friday, August 8, 2008

It's Getting Closer....With a God Stop in Between

In 2 weeks, I will be on my way to San Antonio for the Siesta Fiesta. If you don't know what that is just click the link on the right. Yesterday, while Jamie was visiting some people in the hospital, the kids and I went to Walmart. Walmart is okay, but for the most part I am a Target girl. I was really wanting a few new pieces of clothing to wear on my trip, so I went to the clothing department. TO my shock, I actually found a CUTE pair of bermuda shorts that were only $12!! And that was the regular price. The other great thing about them were that they were 2 sizes smaller than the clothes I have now! Praise be to God!!! Now, don't get me wrong, I still have a LONG way to go, but it is a start!


This is where my God Stop comes in to play.God is just showing me that when I give control over to Him He WILL set you free. I am not totally free, and I do not know if I will ever be. This could be my torn in the flesh, but this I do know that when you rely on God and live your life with Him, He will help you whatever area. It doesn't matter how big or small, God wants EVERY area! What are you holding onto today? Open that hand and let God have it! Everything is His anyway. Right?

3 comments:

Patty said...

Oh you know how excited I get when God is in our shopping details!! Praise God for your shorts and you go girl with 2 sizes smaller!!!

Can't wait to meet you!!
Love,
Patty

Thank you for sharing with us and have a great weekend.

JayCee said...

Hi, Amanda, Nice to meet you.
Good blog. Something we all need to hear!

Thanks for leaving a comment on my spotlight blog. Maybe we will bump into each other in SA. We have even more in common - I home- schooled 2 of my girls for a few years, also.
See you in SA!
Blessings,
Janet

Fran said...

Hey Amanda...
I'm so glad I have officially stopped over to your blog. I love this God stop moment for you. My prayer here lately has been "daily surrender."

Can't wait to see you!! Stay in touch.
Hugs,
Fran