This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Friday, August 1, 2008

God Stop Friday

I can't believe it is Friday already not to mention August! Patty hosts God Stop every Friday, and asks us to reflect on our week and what He has done.

God has shown me so many things this week. I guess the biggest is that we need to "Pray for Rain" in our life. If you have seen the movie Facing the Giants then you know what I am talking about. We had a meeting a church on Monday night where Jamie shared a vision for what he thinks God's plan is for us doing this next year. We want to see all our classes double. And we need to prepare ourselves for that to happen.

God impressed upon me that the choir should do this as well. Have choir practice on Wednesday, I presented it to the choir. We currently have 16 so to double would mean 32. In order for that to happen we needed to move things around on the stage to begin to accommodate that many people.

We moved things around and then we had the sweetest time of prayer where we circled on the stage and just claimed that area for Him. It was a great time of unity.

All that to say that whatever it is in you life that you need pray with anticipation and then prepare to receive what God has for you.

I think this it up. Go here and listen!

Have a great weekend!!!
Love you all!!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Amen girl!!!!
I love that movie and that scene, prepare for the rain is one of my favorite parts in the movie.

I could visualize you all circling in prayer around the choir loft and God will answer!!

Blessings on your church and church family!!

Have a great weekend,
Love,
Patty

Colored Heart said...

"God impressed upon me that the choir should do this as well. Have choir practice on Wednesday, I presented it to the choir. We currently have 16 so to double would mean 32. In order for that to happen we needed to move things around on the stage to begin to accommodate that many people."

I am so blessed with your faith-in-action! God's revelation to you is anointed, and I affirm your calling. Prayers showered from the lips of the faithful will avail. Be strong. Have courage. Believe.

Thanks for sharing. Shalom!

Here's my entry: GOD SPEAKS [http://coloredheart.blogspot.com/2008/08/god-stop-friday-god-speaks.html]