This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day 3 & 4

Boy this week is about to kick my tale! We are full swing into school and this new curriculum is A LOT of work. It will be nice if you are like me and have a busy week just to spend a few moments reliving some God moments. Things got so crazy yesterday that I am going to post # 3 and 4 together.

Here is statement #3

3. I am an heir of God, He is my portion...And I am His
I will try to explain this but I am not sure that I can even do it justice. The scripture that goes with this is of course Psalm 16 and Deut. 10:8-9. Where God was dividing up the land to the Israelites and the Levites He did not give them land but told them that He was going to be their portion. In the same way, God is our portion. Since we are the chosen priesthood of the believers we fall under the same category as the Levitical priests. You know what is even better, God thinks of us as His portion. Deut. 4:20 and 32:9 say that God considers the people of earth His inheritance (His treasured possession.) I cannot even wrap my mind around that one. That God, the creator of the universe considers me His portion! Eph 1:18 sums it all up. "I pray ask that the eyes of of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hoe to which he has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints,"

Statement #4 is:
4. I am and heir of God, the down payment has been made.
You ca never have the fullness of God by just obeying the rules. You have to have a deep intimate relationship with Him. Jesus came to give us life and life abundantly. IF you never accept that free gift, then you can never be an heir. Jesus has already paid the price and has taken care of your tab. IF you don't know Him today, please make today the day. IF it has been a long time since you spent time with God, stop NOW and ask Him to forgive you. If you have never taken that step of trusting Christ for the first time go here and then email me and let me know, I would love to answer your questions and pray with you. I can also help you hook up with a local church in your area. Trust Him today, it will be the best decision that you ever make!

No comments: