This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's That Time of Year Again

Well, I don't know about you but I LOVE fall! The crispness in the air, football, and the leaves changing colors are some of my favorite things. There is one thing that I dread though. The clothes switch over!
Since we have so many kids we cannot keep all their clothes in their draws or in there closets so we have to rotate them in the spring and in the fall. As you can imagine, it is an ordeal. I know that a lot of people do this and experience the same dread as I. I am going to begin the process today of getting the clothes from the storage building choosing what is going to be worn this fall and winter and then washing them all. I then have to empty all the drawers and put away or give away what we are going to save for the next child. It usually takes me about a week to do this and our house is upside down. With schooling this year and everything I am going to attempt to get this done over the weekend. We will see... I hope you are all having a great week. See you back tomorrow for God Stop! Have a great day! :)

3 comments:

Mark and Abbie's blog said...

Done! I got the second part done yesterday. Ours is a two to three part process. I pull out the clothes and see what I need to get from the consignment sale and find a place to stash (hide) them until it gets cooler. Then I find another place to "stash" the clothes from consignment. Then, I wait until it gets cooler and swap clothes out. Since the cool weather is so early this year, I've swapped almost all the clothes but have kept some t-shirts and a couple of shorts per child (you know how it gets a little warm at some point...80 degrees during the end of October!!) and then I find a place to store the clothes until I swap all of them out and throw them back up in the attic. Trying to cut down on Mark's trips to the attic because he enjoys it so much.

Annette said...

Amanda,

I have been reading your blog and I just had to leave a comment today. I too love fall, but DREAD the clothes change over. I have been working on this myself for the past few days and have made a mess. I went to my neighbor's house today and found her sitting amongst a mound of clothes doing the same thing. I guess we can take comfort in knowing that we are all in the same boat... As Abbie says though, it is so hard to really change everything over because we tend to have cold then hot and vice versa from day to day around her.

Michelle V said...

Here in Texas we don't really get to do the full clothes-switch because we often get 80 degree days in December. It's strange for me coming from the midwest!

Blessings
Michelle