This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Friday, June 6, 2008

We had a very good day. We did not go to the beach, but we did have a great family day. We slept in, got dressed around noon and then went to Augusta which is about 45minutes away and just hung out. My hubby even took me to Kohl's!!! If you do not have Kohl's in your town, I am SOOOO sorry! :(. It is a GREAT store where you can find some great deals!

Anyway, on the way home this song came on the radio. It is called Empty Me by Chris Sligh. He is an American Idol alum, and a very talented musician. He like Mandisa got voted off fairly early. But, form both of their testimonies, it was a blessing.

I have heard this song before, but not really listened to the words and the message. Jamie told me to listen to it and remember what he had done(ie been on AI.) I have posted the lyrics below. This should be the cry of all our hearts. "Empty me of the selfishness inside. Every vain ambition and the poison of my pride. And any foolish thing my heart holds to, Lord empty me of me so I can be filled with you. "

Father, help me to empty myself so that there is room for You!

Empty Me by Chris Sligh(you can watch him sing the song here.)
I've had just enough of the spotlight when it burns bright
To see how it gets in the blood.
And I've tasted my share of the sweet life and the wild ride
And found a little is not quite enough.
I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change.

Empty me of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition and the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me so I can be filled with you.

I've seen just enough of the quick buys of the best lies
To know how prodigals can be drawn away.
I know how I can stray And how fast my heart could change.

Empty me of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition and the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me so I can be filled with you.

Cause everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you, compared to you.
So, I surrender all!


Join me as we strive to surrender it all to Him!
Love you,

1 comment:

Michelle V said...

Amanda,

Sounds like a great day! I listen to KLOVE radio and Chris was on there talking about this song when it was released. I just love it!

Have a blessed weekend!

Michelle