This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Monday, June 9, 2008

What I Learned From Church

I hope you all had a good weekend! This must have been the weekends for great Sunday services. Ours was great too! Even if I am a little biased about the preaching LOL :) Anyway, this is what Jamie's sermon was about. The title was:"It's All About Jesus." The text was Colossians 1:12-18. He went through the verses and came up with 6 questions we need to ask ourselves and deal with before be observed the Lord's Supper. After a time of prayer and reflection, we observed the Lord's Supper. Here are the 6 questions and the verse that each references:
1. Have I received the free gift of salvation offered by Jesus Christ?(1:12)
2. Does my life bear evidence that Jesus Christ changed me? (1:13)
3. Is there a sin that I refuse to forgive myself for? (1:14)
4. Do I strive to live out God's plan for my life or do I live for the things I want to do? (1:17)
5. Is there any part of my life I am holding back from God? (1:17)
6. What is my attitude toward this church? (1:18)
It was just a great service.


Then in the PM....
After church, which we had to have in the fellowship hall because the air is on the fritz in the sanctuary, we had a youth fellowship at our house.

Here are some photos to mark the occasion! I'll give you 3 guesses as to what we did for entertainment....

1. 2.

3.



If you haven't guessed by now, this last picture will be a dead give away!




That's right, Guitar Hero is what we learned at church!! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Michelle V said...

Don't tell my boys or we'll have to move there and go to your church! ;-)

Great questions for examining before communion!

Michelle

Momma 2...5 said...

Come on Michelle! I would LOVE to have a Siesta that close!!!