This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back From the Doctor

We are back from the doctor. We saw a different one than we normally do because he was at a c-section. Anyway, this doc. seems to think she has a cold, and combined with the cat thing it just set off her asthma. In my professional opinion, I do not think that is it at all. I think the cat allergy set off her asthma. If you guys could have seen her last night before we came home, you would agree with me. She said we could do a blood test to confirm the cat allergy, but why put Chara through that when I am almost 100% positive she is allergic to cats(both Jamie and I as well as Noah are as well). Jamie does this same thing with his asthma when he gets around cats too.

All that to say they gave her another breathing treatment and put her on a round of oral steroids for 5 days. I will continue to give her Benadryl also until her eyes are better(still puffy and red.)

I was just thinking the other day how thankful I was that with both of Jamie's mission trips no one has gotten sick and had to go to the doctor. God does have a since of humor. Anyway, that is a "Day in the Life" I guess!!!

1 comment:

Michelle V said...

Substitute doctors are the worst! Sometimes I think they just don't know your child well enough. Plus a lot of doctors are too quick to dismiss what us moms say! I think it's ego and they feel like we're trying to tell them we know better than they do. We found a doctor that I love and just found out he's leaving in July. :(

I'm praying!!

Michelle