This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Little Bit of Info About Me

Since I am new at blogging, I thought I would just spend today telling you about myself so that you can get to know me and my family.

Well, I am a 34 year old, I have been married for 10 years(I can't believe it has been that long) to a wonderful man named Jamie. We met in college at Mississippi State University
(GO DAWGS). I will save the story of our meeting for another time.

Our Church

My man serves the Lord as pastor of Winfield Heights Baptist Church in Williston, SC. We have been here for 3 years and it is Jamie's first church. It has taken some getting use to going from one day just being Amanda to being the preacher's wife. Those of you who are married to ministers know what I am taking about.

The Dogs watching the Dawgs

God has blessed us with 5 beautiful children. Kaylee 8, Noah 7, Hannah Beth 5, Chara (car-uh) 4 and Jarrett 2. It has been the joyful(and some days frustrating) task of homeschooling the older ones, while the younger ones attend a kindergarten program at our church.



The girls being silly

My eldest son Noah

Our Jare Jare with Bankie




I am in the process of being set free from something that has held me captive for far too long. I will post more about that later, but I would ask you to pray that God will give me strength to allow Him to set me free. "Breaking Free" is hard work but I know in the end I will rejoice in all that God has done in me. By the time the Siesta Fiesta rolls around I want to be well on my way to freedom.

Well, I guess that is enough about me right now.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Patty said...

I found it!! I LOVE the colors you chose!! I know where you are coming from as a preacher's wife because my best friend is a pastor's wife and trust me, I know what you all face on a daily basis. :o) There is a special place in my heart for single moms because I am one and minister's wives because my best friend is one!! Keep believing God because your shackles have been taken off and you have the freedom in Christ to dance!!
You have a sweet family and Happy Mother's Day!
Blessings,
Patty

Michelle V said...

Great blog! You have a beautiful family! Breaking Free is very tough! I'm trying to do some more of that myself. Happy Mother's Day!

Michelle V.

Linda Thomas said...

Praying for you to break free, Amanda!! I have been struggling with something for far too long as well.. little by little God is chipping away at the old and replacing it with something new - I remind myself to submit to His refining work because it is PERFECT.

I read your comment on Kim and Patty's blog about being in week 3 of Believing God and so am I!!! In fact, I'm off to do Day 2 right now.

Believing God TODAY ~
Linda

Momma 2...5 said...

Thanks for all the encouragement!! Please help hold me accountable!

Linda, are you doing Believing God with a group or by yourself? I am doing it online(signed up when it first came out and just now getting around to doing it, but it is all God's timing.) If you want, would you like to discuss the study between us? Just let me know!
Thanks to all the Siestas that have stopped by!
Amanda