This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Friday, May 9, 2008

Race Day & Girls Night!

Well, I just sent my men (Jamie and Noah) off to Bring a Kid to the Race night at Darlington Motor Speedway! Noah was sooooo excited! This will be his and Jamie's first NASCAR race! We are fairly new race fans. It started when we were in seminary, and that was the only thing on TV to watch. We have grown to be fans.

We did cheer for Dale Jarrett but since he retired, we haven't settled on one to root for yet. That is actually how we got Jarrett's name. We were struggling to find a boy's name and we were watching the race one day looking at the running order and I said what about Jarrett(like Dale Jarrett), and we agreed!

Since they are gone, we are going to have a Girls Night!!!(+Jarrett) We borrowed the new movie "Enchanted" from the library, and after they go to bed I have myself the chick flick "Because I Said So." I haven't seen it so I will let you know how it is.

I hope you all have a great weekend and I will post pics from the race later!

No comments: