This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Graduation Blessing

Well, one down and one more to go. Chara's graduation was wonderful! She did not even realize that Jamie was not there. Thank you Lord for answering that prayer!!! They all did so great. Chara especially got into the songs and said her part with enthusiasm.

One of the most humbling parts was that I was honored of sorts. This part is kind of long, but you must know this part in order to understand the honoring part. The K3 teacher was diagnosed with breast cancer at the beginning of the school year. In order for her to continue to receive pay, God led Jamie and I for me to fill in for her. I taught those precious 3 year old from Sept.- early March. I am not going to lie and tell you that it wasn't hard, because it was. I still homeschooled and I also lead the music at our church. To say that we were busy is an understatement. This was the hardest thing God has ever called me personally to do. Now that you know the background you can understand the honoring part better. The school board gave me a gift that lets say will pay for my Siesta Fiesta! I have been praying and believing God that He will deliver us totally for all debt(student loans, cc, car,medical bills), so this was a beginning to that prayer being answered. Now we can use the $ that we were going to pay (my birthday, Christmas and anniversary gift $) to help pay down some debt. I truly believe that God is going to deliver us from this. I do not know how long it will take or how He will do it, but it is going to be gone!!




Sorry that was so ling, but God is good. NO matter what you are believing Him for, "All things are possible through him who BELIEVES!!!!"

1 comment:

Michelle V said...

Amanda,

PTL!! I am so glad that graduation went well and that God gave her peace about her Dad not being there. And, that was such a wonderful thing you did to fill in for that teacher! My Mom is a breast cancer survivor for 11 years now and that's a cause that is near and dear to my family. I'm so glad that they honored you and that it helped you financially! I know how difficult that is to depend on God and trying to live by faith and not worry! I'm glad it was a great night!

Michelle